Here’s what’s happening in your Emerson-Garfield neighborhood
- Next EGNC Meeting, is on April 10 at 7pm at the Corbin Senior Center.
- Go to our Neighborhood Grassroots site to read about current events and news pertaining to Emerson-Garfield residents and businesses. (Seriously, click that link, it’s updated more frequently than this page.)
- EGNC meets every second Wednesday, at 7 p.m. at Corbin Senior Center (except January and July).
Surveys available — Tell us what you think:
About Emerson-Garfield Neighborhood
The Emerson-Garfield Neighborhood is one of the cornerstone neighborhoods of Spokane, rich in tradition, history, and wonderful citizens! As a resident of Emerson-Garfield, you have many opportunities to become involved in neighborhood events and decisions. If you are not yet a resident of Emerson-Garfield, we encourage you to consider our neighborhood as place of residence. Each neighborhood is represented by a neighborhood council that falls within one of three Spokane City Council Districts.
Emerson-Garfield (EG) Neighborhood is in Spokane City Council District #3 and is represented by Councilwoman Nancy McLaughlin and Councilman Steve Salvatori. Any resident of the EG neighborhood can participate in the neighborhood council, and we encourage you to become an active member of your neighborhood. The Emerson-Garfield Neighborhood Council (EGNC) meets the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 7 p.m. at the Corbin Senior Center (827 W. Cleveland), except in July and January. We open our August meeting up with a neighborhood picnic in either Emerson or Corbin park and our December meeting includes a holiday potluck.
EGNC OfficersChair: Liorah Wichser Vice-chair: EJ Iannelli Secretary: Stan Burke Community Development Officer: Sara Kimball
EGNC 2013 Goals
This year we have the following goals:
- Increase EGNC membership to represent the diversity of our neighborhood
- Use more electronic communication with members, residents and businesses
- Find ways to support our business districts – specifically N. Monroe
- Continue to improve our parks and provide opportunities for community-building events in Corbin and Emerson parks
- Align more closely with schools in our neighborhood
- Improve safety and traffic conditions on our streets
Website Navigation Tips
- Minutes of monthly EG Neighborhood Council/Steering Committee meetings are posted under “Documents.”
- Be sure to check out our Emerson-Garfield Neighborhood calendar for upcoming events.
- Unsure if you live or work in Emerson-Garfield? Check our neighborhood map under “Documents.”
Page updated 3/18/2013